Founded in 1990, Mujeres Unidas y Activas is a grassroots organization founded by Latina immigrant women for Latina immigrant women with a dual mission of promoting personal transformation and building community power for social and economic justice.
We achieve our mission by:
- Creating an environment of understanding and confidentiality,
- Promoting a culture of mutual support for members,
- Offering trainings in leadership, labor and immigrant rights education and civic participation,
- Working in diverse alliances on the local, regional, national, and international levels,
- Organizing campaigns to win immigrant, worker and women’s rights.
The members of Mujeres Unidas founded the Caring Hands Workers’ Association in 1994 to provide job skills training in accessible job markets to increase their economic stability. Caring Hands members meet at MUA’s offices where they can pursue employment in a secure space, share work experiences in a supportive environment and use their experiences to improve working conditions and achieve greater protections for domestic workers on the national and international level.
To learn more about Mujeres Unidas y Activas, please click on the link on our Resources page.